Eletric Heating Systems Raychem
Building & infrastructure solutions
We provide quality solutions for winter safety, comfort and performance to building and infrastructure design, construction, operation and maintenance professionals.
From pipe freeze protection to maintaining fluid temperatures and melting snow, detecting leaks or heating floors, you can rely on Pentair’s solutions & services for greater safety, comfort and performance.
The heart of our solutions
In 1970, Raychem first developed and launched self-regulating electric heating cables.
The cable delivers the right amount of heat exactly when and where it is needed. As the temperature drops, more heat is produced. Conversely, as the temperature rises, less heat is produced.
But there are many more benefits:
- The smart cables can be overlapped without any risk of overheating.
- The heating cables can be cut to length ‘in the field’. This means additional flexibility when plans do not correspond to the ”real life” situation on site.
- The length of pipe corresponds to the length of cable that you need.
- Cold ambient = High power output
If the temperature in the immediate vicinity of the self-regulating heating cable is cold, the heat output from the heating cable is increased. The polymeric core of the cable contracts, which creates many electrical paths across the integrated carbon particles.
- Warm ambient = Low power output
In response to a warmer environment, the heat output of the self-regulating cable is reduced. The polymeric core of the cable expands, reducing the electrical paths.
- Hot ambient = Virtually no output
If the temperature in the environment of the self-regulating heating cable reaches a high temperature, the heat output is minimal. Due to the maximum expansion of the polymeric core of the cable, most of the electrical paths are broken.